Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Burlington
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re nearing the date of closing, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and your family. You’re likely pondering how you can personalize your house with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make certain you consider home security too. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with these safety tips for new homeowners in Burlington.
Conduct a safety audit of your new Burlington property
Now that you’re contemplating safety, discover what your new home already has. To begin, make sure you have working smoke detectors. Try every one and switch out batteries if necessary. Do you have CO detectors? Is there a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a perfect time to update door locks and inspect all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through every space and get to know your property.
Smart security tips for your Burlington home
Once you’ve completed your opening inspection of safety devices and locking systems, you should think about enhancing your property’s defense. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Burlington.
- Invest in a modern home security system. One of the best things a new homeowner in Burlington can do is integrate a home security system. Today’s wireless advancements let you keep an eye on your home even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You are able to view live video footage, control door locks, and even talk to guests at your door straight from your mobile device. You can personalize your defense with amazing security implements such as video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Upgrade exterior lighting. Outside lights with motion detectors are an effective solution in dissuading possible intruders. You might even use them in conjunction with surveillance cameras. When a motion sensor is set off, it can signal your outdoor camera to record.
- Keep your premises neat. Can you see all of your property from inside? Are there overgrown bushes and trees blocking your view? Get rid of likely spots to hide by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Make friends with others on your street. Talking about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater probability they’ll inform you if they see suspicious behavior. You might also connect to your community’s social media group if one is created.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an advanced smart home, you can make it seem like you’re inside by activating smart lights at predetermined moments. This is a fantastic tool when you’re at work or on vacation.