Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Burlington smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Burlington home’s security and automation. See what it can do and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Burlington benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or saved footage from all connected cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Burlington by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Burlington
Although multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, select email or phone and enter the details to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Burlington home security system. Contact (802) 945-2439 to get started.